From the mailbag:
Participate in Twitter chat about web accessibility!
Join us Friday, October 11 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET to participate in the #MeetTheBlind Month Twitter chat. A Twitter chat is a scheduled, organized topical conversation on Twitter centralized around a specific hashtag. Some questions this week will include the following:
- What is web accessibility?
- What are common accessibility barriers?
- What should be done to increase web accessibility?
Here are some tips to participate:
- Every response during the Twitter chat needs to include the designated hashtag. Our hashtag is #MeetTheBlind. Find the chat either by searching for the hashtag or going to the @NFB_Voice profile.
- Include the question number in your response. For example, question 1 may be, “Q1: Introduce yourself.” Start your reply with A1 in order to coordinate answers to the corresponding question.
- Engage with others in the chat. The chat isn’t only for answering the set questions but to also encourage, support, and assist others who are part of the chat. Tweet, reply, retweet.
Our goal for Meet the Blind Month is to engage members and to provide public awareness. Join us!
October 11, 2019 – Web Accessibility | 12:00 p.m. ET to 1:00 p.m. ET | #MeetTheBlind
There are some more Twitter tips available in the following recent Braille Monitor article: https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm19/bm1906/bm190608.htm
We look forward to your participation.